Happy First Day of Summer! After a long four-month hiatus, I am back and I’m super excited! First, I will jump in and answer the burning questions: Where have you been? Where did you go?
Well, I’ve been…
Trying to keep sane with three group consulting projects, working two jobs, going to the beach for the first time, hosting living room model sessions, driving my boyfriend crazy from 90 minutes away, sending my parents selfies of myself and my portrait-worthy Chipotle Chicken Bowls, organizing a college exposure event with one of my best friends, fighting pre-senioritis, experimenting with my hair, taking thrift store trips when my bank account told me not to, and falling off the face of the earth for days at a time, skipping meals, apartment-shopping, losing sleep, starting a new internship and working a part-time retail job – just to name a few.
Although I’ve been quite busy these past few months, I’ve done all of this to not only prepare, but help me make some major decisions for life after college. Since February, I gained a much, much better understanding of what I want to do with my life and where I would like to take A Dash of Candor.
With that, I’m excited to say that I’m back in the digital flesh with fresh inspiration. I have a much better idea of what I envision this blog to be; a resource for young 20-something women who want to take the world by storm in their academia, career and personal lives. With this in mind, A Dash of Candor has some new things come your way:
- New Pictures – To say the least, my pictures are a little outdated. I’m doing a photo shoot for the blog very soon. Stay on the lookout!
- A Dash of Candor on Etsy – Mark your calendars! I will be launching my Etsy store online on my birthday – August 20th.
- Freebies – I can’t tell you all my secrets. Just keep reading!
- New Categories – I’m re-launching some old and new categories for you to explore- College and Career, Beauty, Food, Favorites, Features; and my personal favorite Candor, a real, honest, occasionally controversial section of the blog.
- Ask Eboni: Send in anonymous advice questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond to them in the Candor category.
- On Wednesdays, We Post: You can expect a new post every Wednesday!
- adashofcandor.com: It is my goal to move A Dash of Candor to its own domain by the end of the summer!
- A Dash of Candor on Social Media – I’ve finally made it to social media! Check it out on Facebook and Bloglovin’; and, of course, you can always follow me personally on Twitter and Instagram.
With all of this being said, I’m excited for everything that A Dash of Candor can be and more importantly, what it can be for you!
Let me know in the comments what you’re most excited about seeing on the blog!